Who are the readers on Malaysiakini, KiniBiz, and KiniTV?
You can learn more about our readers through our Audience Reach section of this website.
Any advice for Advertisers considering making their own ads for the first time?
- Keep it Simple – A short direct message works best
- Few Words – Craft a headline that gets your point across fast. The only way to achieve this is to cut the number of words you use – 6 to 10 max. Replace complicated words that not everyone knows with simpler words everyone understands. Long words take time to read. For almost every long word, there’s a short word that’s just as effective. No more than two fonts.
- Consistent Logo – Logo should always be present and represent 25% of ad.
- Call to Action – Include a “Call to Action” such as ‘Buy now’ or ‘Read more’ – Let users know that there is relevant information just a click away. People often respond to these types of commands.
- Seek Advice – Graphic professionals in our Design Group can help convey your message clearly and directly
- Value Proposition or Offer – Create a compelling, benefit-laden offer
What is CPM?
What is Unique Visitor?
What is a Click-Thru Rate?
What is Rich Media?
Rich Media is a term for advanced technology used in Internet ads, such as animated banner, special effects, and applets that allow user interaction. Some of our banners has an Expandable function. Which means you are allowed to serve two banners. One according to the standard size and the other expanded to a larger size when a reader mouse over the banner. Please refer to our Ad Specs for Rich Media requirements.
What 3rd Party Rich Media do you accept?
24/7, Ad Centric, Atlas, Blue Streak, DFA*, Clip Stream, EyeReturn, EyeWonder, EyeBlaster, KlipMart, Mediaplex, Point Roll, Real Media, Unicast, Zedo.
* Since we use DFP, internal redirects are required. If your 3rd party Ad Company is not listed please contact Ad Operations.
What do I have to keep in mind when preparing Flash files?
Flash ads should have “ClickTag” implemented correctly so we can track the ad properly on our ad-serving system. For how to embed ClickTag on your flash banner, refer to our ClickTag Tutorial.
We also need an alternate static banner for users that do not have the flash plug in. Refer to our Ad Specs for this information.